Would you like to save some money and have a delicious healthy drink at the same time?
I’m ready to tell you about some drinks that are fun to make, pretty to look at, and tasty!
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make flavored water.
1. Use a mason quart jar (or even a two quart jar)
2. Prepare your ingredients: (the list for this depends on your taste and imagination) For example–take 1 small apple, wash, and slice thinly, put in your jar, and add a couple cinnamon sticks
3. Add clean, filtered water
4. Let it all set in your covered jar in the refrigerator over night
5. You can drink as is or you can add a sweetener like stevia, perhaps honey
6. Take out fruit or veggies from the jar and set aside to use in a smoothie later
There is almost no end to the variety of flavored waters that you can make. Just waiting for you to discover are many fruits and veggies that will tickle your taste-buds.
Cucumber is an amazing one. Experiment! Mints are also good. Melons, berries and more. Try mixing different fruits or mixing veggies. You don’t have any additives that you don’t want.
THE POWER IS IN YOUR HANDS!
We use water in so many ways. It touches our body and life. We had better make sure it is pure and not contaminated.
How do we do this? I’m glad you asked.
First let me state that our water is full of chemicals like chlorine. So what is so bad about chlorine?
Well, it is reported to increase allergies and asthma in some people. Also, it can possibly cause bladder and rectal cancer, a reduction in your intestinal flora, and other not so pleasant stuff.
But, you say, to get away from all this contamination may cost money that I don’t have.
Well, let me tell you, I’m in the same boat as a lot of the poorer class people. And even if I was not, I still think my heart would be for those who don’t have much money to work with. That is why I am writing this blog. It is so that I can share information that might be helpful to others. And with most of it, are ways to alleviate problems without costing a lot of money. Now it will cost a little money to purchase some of the things like essential oil, or good food etc. But in the long run it saves you money by not having to go to the doctor so much.
I read some really good blogs that are fun to read on health, cooking, and what have you. But these people tend to own a ranch or something. They may not all be rich, but I’m not even in the same county as them, much less the same state, sort of speak. Yet I can gleam some good ideas from them and sometimes tweak it a little to make it feasible. Then I can share my tweaks with you.
Okay. Now back to the subject of what we can do to get away from those harmful chemicals.
1. One idea is to catch rain water and wash your hair in it. Wow! Your hair comes out so soft.
2. When you go out to a restaurant, ask for lemon or lime for your water. That will help purify it.
3. Put some ascorbic acid powder (vitamin C) in your bath water. It binds with the chlorine and makes your bath safer to bath in. For a shower you can purchase a shower head that will contain the vitamin c.
4. I would like to buy a water distiller but can’t afford one yet. So I buy distilled water and immediately pour it out of the plastic container into gallon glass jars. Chemicals from the plastic will leach into your water. Glass is the best container for it. If I had a distiller, I would distill water and put it directly into my glass jars. ( I have found several gallon glass containers from yard sales and flea markets)
I hope this short article you have found helpful. Please leave a comment if it has. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If I don’t know the answer, I will try and look it up. Thanks and have a great week!